I think I make roast chicken of some sort at least once a week throughout the year. This version, herbed roast chicken, is great because it utilizes an herb that I grow that is a bit unique and adds just amazing flavor – orange thyme. And I like to stuff the cavity with lemons to give it that extra citrus punch…
Herbed Roast Chicken
- 1 Roasting Chicken (I usually buy an organic bird)
- Unsalted Butter (Half stick, soft)
- Orange Thyme (I used about ten sprigs, wash and remove the leaves as best you can)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper (Freshly ground)
- Lemons (Cut in halves or quarters)
And don’t forget to deglaze that pan!
Currently this is my favorite roast chicken…The skin is amazing and brown, the meat is perfumed with citrus and the pan drippings are just amazing. It’s all around a fabulous meal. But I’d love to hear what your current favorite chicken dishes are. I was recently introduced to beer can chicken (Thankyou Lisa!) and it is to die for! I’m trying it this weekend 🙂
So what’s everyone cooking???