Peanut Noodles are one of my families favorite sides during the summer and if you’re a peanut butter fan, this is the recipe for you!
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tbspn Fresh Ginger (Minced)
- 1 Large Garlic Clove (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Tbspns Rice Vinegar
- Glug Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbspns Honey ((or more if you like it sweet))
- Pinch Chili Flakes ((or more if you like it hot))
- 1 Pound Fettucini or Spaghetti Noodles
- 1/2 Small Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Small Zucchini (Chopped very small)
- 1 Small Cucumber (Chopped very small)
- 1 Carrot (Shredded)
- Lightly Salted Peanuts (Chopped)
|Throw the first 8 ingredients into a blender and whiz util smooth and combined. Add the pepper flakes and just blend them into the dressing.|
|Boil a large pot of salted water and add the pasta. Cook until al dente.|
|In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, the vegetables (onions, zucchini, cucumbers and carrots) and pour the sauce over everything.|
|Mix really well and sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the top.|
|Serve hot, warm or cold. They're awesome!|
You can use just about any vegetable you have lying around which is great for the garden glut that’s happening now. I love it too because you can hide tons of vegetables in there and your kids will never know it – cue devilish smile… And I know it seems like a lot of ingredients, but being able to throw them in the blender is salvation. I also confess to occasionally buying shredded carrots at the store. Another easy cheat!
Hope you enjoy!